Boston Business Counseling Lawyers
Every business, large or small, faces legal challenges. Whether it involves compliance with government regulations or contract negotiations, businesses require the advice and counsel of a skilled business attorney.
At Gilman, McLaughlin & Hanrahan, LLP, our Boston business counseling attorneys provide high-quality legal advice and representation to businesses throughout eastern Massachusetts and Cape Cod.
Comprehensive Business Counseling Services
From entity formation to business breakups and dissolution, we provide comprehensive business planning services, tailored to the needs of your business. We pride ourselves in providing pertinent legal advice while exercising sound business judgment. Since 1973, the attorneys at our law firm have advised boards, directors, officers and shareholders on a wide range of business matters, including:
- Entity formation and corporate governance: We assist clients with the organization and structuring of businesses and joint ventures, governance issues and corporate filings and record-keeping, including drafting of by-laws, operating agreements and other business documents.
- Business contract review and negotiation: Contracts are an inherent part of every business operation. We review and negotiate all types of business agreements to protect the interests of the business and to minimize the client's exposure to risk, including vendor contracts, confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements and other sophisticated business contracts.
- Fiduciary obligations: We advise directors and officers regarding their fiduciary obligations, providing representation if a dispute arises. Conversely, we also represent shareholders in shareholder derivative actions.
- Employment law issues: At our firm, we provide human resources counseling and business guidance to clients regarding employment matters, including employment contracts, discrimination suits, and wage, employment and labor law.
- Commercial litigation: From breach of contract claims to minority shareholder suits, our lawyers are also skilled litigators and negotiators. We provide detail-oriented representation to protect your interests in negotiations, in the courtroom, in mediation and in arbitration.
- Buyouts, mergers and acquisitions: We carefully guide clients through the process of business acquisitions, mergers and dispositions, stock and asset sales and dissolution.
- Business succession planning: Whether you own a family business or a large corporation, our attorneys will work closely with you to understand your goals and develop a business succession and dissolution plan that meets your needs.
Contact a Massachusetts Corporate Governance Attorney
Throughout our region, our lawyers have built a reputation for providing personal attention and guidance to businesses. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you and your business.