Ms. Donna Cohen concentrates her practice in the area of business, landlord tenant and real estate related litigation and commercial leasing. She actively volunteers at the Boston Housing Court Lawyer for a Day project sponsored by the Boston Bar Association. Previously, Ms. Cohen served as a faculty/lecturer for the landlord/tenant section of the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys. As faculty member she also authored several articles on landlord tenant law as well as creating the Academy's manual for City of Boston Housing Evictions during the period of rent control. She is a contributing author to the Thomson-West Massachusetts Practices series, Landlord-Tenant Law (Warshaw, G).
Ms. Cohen, in conjunction with the Suffolk University Law School established the Moot Court Program for sixth graders at the Dana Hall School in Wellesley, Massachusetts. She is a former trustee and co-chair of the Dual Challenge Campaign of the Boston Biomedical Research Institute, an independent research institute dedicated to basic biomedical research. She currently serves as a consultant to Women & Money, LLC, an organization formed to educate women on issues of money and financial independence. She has been listed in Who's Who of Practicing Attorneys, Who's Who of American Women as well as the International Who's Who of Professional and Business Women for significant career achievements and contributions to society.
Ms. Cohen received her BS in Communication Studies from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. While at the University of Massachusetts she served as Chief Justice of the Student Court. Ms. Cohen received her Juris Doctor from Suffolk University School of Law. While at Suffolk University Law School she served as Vice President of the Student Chapter of American Trial Lawyers Association and received the Thomas C. Clark Competition Best Brief Award.
Areas Of Practice
- Landlord Tenant
- Real Estate Related Litigation
- Commercial Leasing
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- Honors: Vice President of the Student Chapter of American Trial Lawyers Association
- Honors: Thomas C. Clark Competition Best Brief Award
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts
- Major: Communication Studies
Classes / Seminars
- Faculty/Lecturer for the landlord/tenant section of the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
Honors And Awards
- Listed in Who's Who of Practicing Attorneys
- Who's Who of American Women
- International Who's Who of Professional and Business Women
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer, Boston Housing Court Lawyer for a Day project sponsored by the Boston Bar Association